Well, it’s my 25th birthday today, and in the spirit of starting this new blog I thought it would be fun to have a list of 25 goals I would like to accomplish.
But before I get to the list, I’d like to thank all my wonderful friends who came out and supported the inaugural Change for Kids Junior Council’s Penguin Party, which was held this past Friday night at the fantastic Bowery Hotel. The black tie event sold out in 27 hours and there were 500 guests who helped raise a ton of money for local NYC schools. I was lucky enough to don a penguin suit for an hour and had a great time at the event. Also, big thanks to everyone who also made it to my birthday party Saturday night (especially those of you who made it to both events - I know that seeing me two nights in a row is a big, and often underwhelming, commitment).
Now back to the 25 goals - these items are in no particular order and are a mix of personal and professional goals. From time to time I may stop back to see how I’m doing, and hopefully I can check them all off my list in my next 25 years.
- Getting involved in NYC startup community
- Travel to Southern Europe (Italy, Spain, etc)
- Learn basics of how to code
- Go to 2014 World Cup in Braziil
- Go to the gym at least 3x a week
- Go to Goa with family on next India trip
- Take majority of money out of the stock market to invest in promising new startups
- Keep weight below 175 to 180 pounds
- Get married and have a family
- Go to a Super Bowl
- Buy (or rent) a beach or lake house
- Start / co-found my own company
- Have at least 1,000 twitter followers
- Go back to UVA at least once a year for a sporting event
- Get involved with an education based charity/non-profit at a senior level
- Consistently write on this (or another) blog
- Get season tickets to football or basketball team
- Keep in touch more often with extended family members and high school / college friends
- Throw fun parties several times a year
- Watch less crappy TV
- Start playing pickup basketball again
- Keep my room and work area clean and organized
- Wake up before noon on the weekends and earlier during the week (I need to start going to the gym in the morning)
- Treat Yo Self to nice things. I’m pretty stingy about buying stuff (other than booze) for myself
- Learn something new every day (cheesy as hell…I know)
If you have any fun suggestions, feel free to add them in the comments.